Monday, October 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home

There is nothing better than coming home after one of the worst weeks of your life. It was so great to just be at home and to be able to spend time with my family. I wish Fall Break would never end!!

This is on a side note, but two of my best friends came to visit me on Wednesday to cheer me up and let me tell you the truly made my day. They both go to IWU so it wasn't too long of a drive for them! We also took a picture and it turned out perfect because Ben actually smiled! Thanks guys for visiting me!


Now back to my Fall Break: On Friday I went to my brother's football game. It was senior night and they won!! I was freezing during the whole game but it was worth it because my brother got a QB sack and had an awesome game!! I can't believe he is already a senior, where has the time gone?

Then on Saturday Steph and I stopped by to see Jordan our long lost friend who lives in Nashville. Alex came over too and we had a blast just catching up! We actually stayed up until 2:30 just talking and laughing. It was great! I love my awesome friends!

Then on Sunday I went to church and Pastor Dave's message was really good! It was about connecting with other believers during life's toughest challenges. At times I felt like Pastor Dave was speaking directly to me. We should not be ashamed of our baggage and we should ask people to join us when we are suffering so that we can help carry each other burdens. It was just great to be back at NMC, I really miss it when I'm at HU.

Then today I went shopping all day with my mom! It was great! She bought me a lot of cute new clothes, shoes and a new winter coat! I'm pretty excited about it all! Tomorrow I will post more pictures because you need to see the pretty trees behind my house and how huge my dog has gotten!


On another note: I'd like to share a passage that has really gotten me through this past week.
James 4:7-10 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn, and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

I love this passage because no matter what I feel, God will still lift me up. This week I have felt a lot of feelings and I continue to look at this passage daily because it reminds me that God is right by my side no matter what. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment